2023University of Wisconsin-Madison
Ph.D. Computer Science
I earned a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. I was advised by Anthony Gitter and Philip Romero. My research focused on deep learning methods for protein engineering. I was fortunate to receive two distinguished fellowships, including a pre-doctoral fellowship from the PhRMA Foundation and a short-term traineeship from UW-Madison's Genomic Sciences Training Program.
2016George Mason University
M.S. Computer Science
I obtained an M.S. in Computer Science from George Mason University in 2016. I was advised by Zoran Duric and Naomi Lynn Gerber. My research focused on methods for tracking human movement with depth cameras, and my master's thesis is titled A method for estimating motions of contours with an application to gait recognition. I received the Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant award for my efforts assisting the teaching of CS 321: Software Engineering.
2014George Mason University
B.S. Computer Science
I obtained a B.S. in Computer Science from George Mason University in 2014. I graduated from the Honors College and received several awards, including the Schwartzstein Best Freshmen Research Paper Scholarship, the Student Excellence Award, and Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Assistant.
2017-PresentUniversity of Wisconsin-Madison
Graduate Research Assistant
I am a graduate research assistant in the Gitter Lab at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Research novel methods for predicting the functional activity of protein variants
- Implement custom algorithms, data processing pipelines, and machine learning frameworks
- Utilize high-throughput computing clusters to accelerate GPU and CPU-based workflows
- Communicate research to broad audiences in talks and manuscripts
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams including computer scientists and chemists
- Stay current with new research in the area
2015-2016U.S. Naval Research Laboratory
Student Research Scientist
- Researched novel method for tracking motions of contours
- Applied method for gait recognition with depth cameras
2014National Institutes of Health
Research Scientist Intern
- Developed computer vision system for tracking lab mice
- Designed custom graphical tools for efficiently annotating video